Members are not required, but encouraged, to purchase a student membership on SHRM.org. UM-Flint SHRM organization will work with SHRM.org and use it as a reference tool and a networking tool to ensure we provide correct information to our members.
Student SHRM Membership
The National SHRM organization offers students and professional memberships. UMF-SHRM members are not required, but encouraged, to purchase a student membership on SHRM.org for $49/yr. View website here.
- 50% discounted rate for the first 2 years of professional membership upon graduation. (Savings $209)
- Professional Membership $219/yr
- Eligible for SHRM student scholarships
- Eligible for Student SHRM-CP certification
- Must be a student enrolled in a degree-seeking program in the following areas, HR Management, HR Development, Business Admin & MGT, Industrial/Org Psychology, Labor Relations, MBA, MBA/HR, or Organizational Behavior/Organizational Development
Student SHRM-CP Certification
Students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s HR degree program at an educational institution can apply for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam. View website here.
- Must be in their final year of study in the HR degree program
- Must have a minimum of 500 hours of relevant HR experience